Monday, April 25, 2016

About....

About Me

My name is Shantrice A. I am a college graduate (Bachelor's and Master's Degree recipient). I did very well in high school, then upon entering/completing college I experienced my share of struggles both personally and academically. During my sophomore year of college I became a parent, in addition to my role as a mother, I worked Part-time/Full-time throughout my entire four years of undergrad. My academic performance suffered greatly due to the personal and financial obstacles I faced during college. Several years after graduating from college I am still attempting to recover from the decisions of my past, as I work to pursue my life long dream of becoming a physician.  I hope that I can help other young women (young mothers), high school students (upcoming graduates) transition in young adulthood, tackle the rigors of life outside of their comfort zones and spare them from experiencing some of the pitfalls that many young adults fall into while in college aimlessly working towards their dreams.

I think hard times have the power to change the way a person views them-self and how they view the world, but when you add faith and prayer experiencing adversity builds character. I never thought I would say this but I am so thankful for all of the experiences I have had. I would have never known the power of  joy and promise when I experienced triumph, had I not been faced with the agony of failure.




About My Non-Profit

Conceive A Dream Foundation seeks to promote healthy community engagement, educational literacy and advancement for underserved communities and under-represented individuals.


The mission of the Conceive A Dream Foundation  is to enhance the ability of single mothers in college and students in underserved communities to conceive, pursue and achieve their personal and professional dreams through cultivation of a community that provides unconditional emotional support, mentorship, educational enrichment, and professional development. 

Vision: Conceive a Dream Foundation envisions a world where every person is provided with the opportunity to turn their dreams into reality, despite race, religion gender, socioeconomic status or martial status.

Mentoring (Phase 1)
Continued Academic Support (Phase 1)
Professional Development (Phase 2)
Educational Scholarships (Phase 3)
Other forms In-Kind Assistance* (Phase 3)


Additionally: Collaborate with other Organizations to provide Mentoring to high school students at Title I schools.


No comments:

Post a Comment